Maggie Valley Board of Alderman consider various options to allow Food Trucks
Maggie Valley does not currently regulate food trucks as a standalone use. Current regulations of outdoor sales allow the following:
- Any permanent business will be permitted to have outdoor sales or displays only on their property.
- Permanent licensed businesses may only display and/or sell merchandise offered inside their business.
- No outside/out of town vendors will be allowed to sell or display merchandise.
Food trucks are allowed under the following exemptions:
- Nonprofit organizations may conduct outdoor sales on any property with written consent of the property owner.
- Events held on the Festival Grounds and other promotional events refer to the special events ordinance.
- For-profit entertainment and convention facilities must acquire a special event permit from the Town Board of Aldermen to have outdoor sales.
The Board of Alderman is considering beginning a Pilot Program which would allow Food Trucks to operate on Public Land with additional standards. Yet to be determined are location, operating days/hours, etc. In the meantime, staff will continue to research options for potential amendments to the Code of Ordinances.