Board of Aldermen
Regular Scheduled “Virtual” Meeting
Town Hall Board Room
Maggie Valley Town Hall
Tuesday April 21, 2020
- Meeting Call To Order
- Consideration of Resolution 20-3: Authorization to Conduct Electronic Meetings
- Consent Agenda
- Minutes: March 6 & March 10, 2020
- Budget to Actual
- Tax Releases
- Public Comment
- Public Comment will be generated by written comments received via email by 5PM on April 21, 2020. Public Comments can be sent to Town Clerk email@example.com
- Consideration of Resolution 20-4: Title VI Compliance
- Consideration of “Retirement”: Moses Police K-9
- Consideration of Festival Grounds Stage Improvements (Update)
- Consideration of Capital Improvement Project Modification: Levee Project
- Consideration of Festival Grounds 2020 Calendar (Updates)
- Other Business
- Department Head Reports
Due to the continuing public health emergency (COVID-19) that has impactd our nation, state and town – the Maggie Valley Board of Aldermen will not be meeting in person on Tuesday April 14, 2020. Instead the Board of Aldermen will be hosting their first ever “Virtual Town Hall” meeting via Zoom on Tuesday April 21, 2020 at 6:30. Meeting electronically will allow the Board the opportunity to conduct needed business in an open and transparent manner that meets all North Carolina Public Meeting Laws.
An Agenda will be provided for this meeting on Friday, April 17 for public inspection on both the Town’s Website and Sunshine List.
Those wanting to “attend” our virtual meeting need to email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Zoom meeting link prior to Tuesday April 21 at 5:00pm; participants are limited to 100 registered guests.
Additionally those wishing to make public comment this month need to email their comments to Town Clerk Vickie Best at email@example.com by 5:00pm on Tuesday April 21. Received comments will be placed into the official meeting record.