“Local Waste Management Resources” information
Haywood County’s Material Recovery Facility accepts items that the Town can not pick up. Check out more information on the MRF here.
Curbside Recycling Pick-Up: The Town of Maggie Valley collects curbside recycling on Tuesday. Please place your Town provided recycling collection container on the curb no earlier than dusk Monday evening and no later than 7am Tuesday morning. The Town of Maggie Valley is committed to recycling. In 2017 the Town of Maggie Valley will become the first municipality in Haywood County to provide its residents with recycling containers. These 64 gallon containers will eliminate the current blue bag collection method which has proven both environmentally and economically inefficient. This service is provided by the Town’s contractor Consolidated Waste Services.
The following items may be recycled provided that all food, drink and other residues are rinsed before they are deposited in your recycling container. “Blue Bags” will no longer be accepted in the Town’s recycling process. Please deposit all of your co-mingled recyclables loose inside the provided container.
- Wide-mouth plastic containers and lids and rigid plastic containers and small hard plastic toys;
- Paper (unwanted magazines, catalogs, newspapers, phonebooks);
- Aluminum and steel food cans and lids;
- Glass bottles and jars (without lids);
- Cereal and food boxes and cardboard boxes flattened;
- Spiral paper cans (with plastic lids detached)
Items that cannot be recycled include the following:
- Pizza Boxes
- Paint Cans
- Plastic Bags